Current Employment Opportunities:
Discovery Robotics was founded on the belief that robotics can make lives better for people. Our mission is to increase human productivity, safety, and quality of life by creating robotic solutions that deliver value to our customers.
Seeking a skilled individual to develop and test mechanical components for autonomous robotic systems. This individual will conduct in depth mechanical studies, design and testing of aspects associated with our commercial autonomous floor cleaning robotic system. The mechanical engineer will collaborate with team members in developing and validating design concepts, implementation, and system operations.
- Design robotic mechanical subsystems.
- Integrate appropriate sensing and software control capabilities.
- Test new and modified hardware and software components.
- Trouble-shoot mechanically related design or fabrication problems.
- Manage product life cycle processes such as engineering design, change orders and notices.
- Document system design elements in life cycle management and procurement tools.
- Research, test, and document product safety and certification requirements
Manage subscriptions to design tools.
- BS Degree Required (MS highly desired) in mechanical engineering
Mechanical design, test and manufacturing experience with robotic systems applications
- Experience in using Solid Works as a CAD design tool
- Experience in supporting engineering design documentation, cloud repository and ERP systems, change control processes and design approval processes
- Experience in producing drawings for production operations
- Minimum 10 years experience in various aspects of mechanical engineering including familiarity with production management
Why Discovery Robotics?
- Small team environment
- Commitment to safety for both our customers and employees
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation
- Central location convenient to transportation and higher educational institutions
Please send a resume and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketing Specialist will contribute to Discovery Robotics’ mission by increasing its knowledge of and status within the cleaning industry marketplace. The successful candidate will be continuously challenged to be innovative and take full advantage of the Internet, AI, gamification, virtual and augmented reality, and other technologies that delight customers and reduce costs.
We are a small team located in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh. In order to maintain our fast pace we prefer the successful candidate live in close proximity to our building at 4638 Centre Avenue. This is a part-time position to begin with full-time potential.
- Take ownership of Discovery Robotics’ website.
- Create and publish digital marketing content on Discovery Robotics’ social media sites, currently LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Implement a monthly email marketing campaign and increase frequency to 2x a month when practical.
- Lead Discovery Robotics’ participation or not in trade shows, including virtual shows.
- Make the Discovery Robotics’ brand and logo uniform everywhere they appear, e.g., business cards, letterhead, instruction manuals, social media, etc.
Monitor competitor’s pricing, products and marketing campaigns.
The most important requirements are open-mindedness, creativity, and a willingness to take risks. We will not succeed by offering traditional solutions. The cleaning industry already has plenty of those.
- 5 years experience in marketing and experience launching a product
- Digital literacy: social media, SEO, Google Analytics, buying ad words, conversion rates, website development (we use WordPress), online payments and surveys, structuring YouTube channel
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication
- Ability to research
- Excellent sense of beauty and artistry
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Design or related field
The Marketing Specialist reports to the Discovery Robotics’ President and CEO. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.