Current Employment Opportunities:
We are Discovery Robotics. We are founded on the belief that robotics can make lives better for people. To accomplish this we started at the bottom…well, the floor actually.
We’re working to change floor maintenance forever with the FX250 – our autonomous floor cleaning robot that makes cleaning faster, safer, more efficient, and more affordable than ever before. Once we are outstanding on floors, we’ll move on to other areas where robots can improve people’s life, safety and health.
WHO do we need now?
We need smart, energetic people to expand our dynamic team solving hard problems in the field of robotics. Specifically, we are looking for a Robotics Software Development engineer specializing in path planning and navigation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science or similar degree
- At least 2 years practical experience in software development
- Extensive practical experience in state-of-the-art path planning and navigation algorithms
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and its navigation stack
- Strong C and C++ development skills in a Linux environment on robotic or automation platforms
- Excellent software engineering habits
- Interpret documents, work instructions, and checklists
- Support process improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
What will YOU do?
- Work as part of a small team in a start-up environment
- Design, develop, implement and test new cutting-edge algorithms related to path planning and navigation for autonomous robotic systems
- Participate in growing a small team into a major equipment developer
What do WE offer?
- Small team, start-up environment
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation and personal time
- Flexible work hours
- Central location in Oakland with proximity to CMU and PITT
- Free parking and convenient bus stops
Interested applicants, please send a resume and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.