Current Employment Opportunities:
Director of Finance and Commercial Operations
The Inventory and Accounting Guru will contribute to Discovery Robotics’ mission by establishing and owning our inventory/receiving and accounting systems. We are moving from an R&D environment to a full production commercial environment and need someone to come in and own this role! Our current product is an autonomous robot designed to serve the commercial cleaning market. Our robot has roughly 500 components and we need you to know where each is at all times! You won’t need to place inventory orders anytime in the near future as we are ready to build our 2021 units.
We need you to establish an in-house inventory system to better track the movement of inventory on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. In the next 6 months, we intend to move 75% of the inventory we have on site up to our contract manufacturer. You won’t be managing much “inventory” on sight at that point.
The accounting tasks include entering and paying vendors, reconciling our bank statement, our credit card, preparing a monthly financial review packet for the Finance Committee and making some general journal entries. On average, the accounting related tasks should not take you more than 2 days/week.
You will thrive in this role if you love DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS! If you love to bathe in details, this is a terrific time for you to join our team and if not, I promise we will be hiring in the future for other positions. I imagine you will be even more successful if you have gained a couple years of experience as an accountant in a manufacturing environment. You will be able to easily connect the flow of materials receipts, stocking transactions, issuances and how all of this is tied to our cash flow. Here is a general list of tasks we look to you to own in this role and a 90 day roadmap follows below:
- Take ownership of Discovery Robotics’ inventory/receiving systems
- Account for every single item coming in the building and going back out
- Maintain an accurate Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage the logistics related to our contract manufacturing partner
- Reconcile our bank statement, credit card statement, and pay vendors
- Ship and receive packages
- Manage office consumables – printing supplies is an example
- Manage engineering change order documentation (negotiable)
The most important requirements are a love of the meticulous, a strong willingness to own the position, and a collaborative spirit.
90 Day Roadmap
Week 1: Meet team (Expect some in person and some virtual). Learn what we do, why we do it, and how we do it. Learn about the pain points and bottlenecks as it relates to the things we hope you can solve!
- Set up access to to our systems
- Get familiar with the robot
- Gather all necessary paperwork
- Schedule 1 on 1 meetings for the following week with teammates who will be crucial to your success
Week 2: Learn about Discovery Robotics’ inventory/receiving/logistics systems to better gauge your priorities.
- Arena/Odoo/In-house inventory versus Cygnus inventory
- Overall goals for 2021 and what do we need to accomplish these goals? Where are the gaps?
- Continue to get familiar with the robot
Week 3: Learn about Discovery Robotics’ accounting systems to better gauge your weekly accounting related burden. Develop your OKRs and map out what we’ll need to accomplish over the next 1-6 months alongside Director of Finance and Commercial Ops
Week 4-Week12: Prioritize upcoming milestones in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Commercial Ops and start building!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $63,000.00 per year
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Discovery Robotics was founded by people who believe that robots can, and will, make the world a better place for all of us. The company’s mission is to increase human productivity, safety and quality of life by creating robotic solutions that deliver value to our customers. The company has been focused on building the FX250, a commercial floor care robot designed to intelligently clean large spaces such as convention centers, airports and large distribution centers/warehouses. The FX250 uses patented indoor localization and position and a patent-pending interchangeable tool system to deliver a smarter, safer, and more efficient clean as compared to more traditional alternatives.
Additional details can be found on the website: discoveryrobotics.com/fx250/
After conquering commercial floor cleaning, Discovery will be focusing on other areas where the company can leverage its expertise in robotic navigation and live out its mission to make life better for people through the power of robotics.
- Assemble electromechanical products while carefully following work instructions.
- Troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems
- Provide support to product engineering by performing activities such as equipment setup and modifications
- Interpret engineering prints and schematics
- Interpret documents, work instructions, and checklists
- Support process improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Highly skilled as an electromechanical technician
- Excel within a cross functional team environment
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs
- Relevant experience
- Ability to clearly communicate technical details orally and in writing
- Experience working with instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems
- Background in robotics or automation
- Drivers license with good driving record
- Two or Four year degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with Linux
Occasional weekend, evening work, or travel may be required.
A self-starting, can-do attitude is vital, along with the ability to multi-task and work independently. The candidate should have excellent organizational skills and the aptitude to learn on the job.
Please send a resume and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.