Software Development Engineer- Path Planning/Navigation
Discovery Robotics is seeking a seasoned software engineer with expertise in path planning and navigation. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of modern navigation and path planning techniques and algorithms with particular experience in graph traversal algorithms. At least two years of practical software engineering experience with C++ in a Linux environment including experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and its navigation stack is required. A BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics or related field as well as practical experience with robotic or automation platforms is expected.
As the first-ever Discovery Robotics Sales Representative, you design and build your dream sales job with guidance from our C-level strategists. We hope you build relationships with customers who would be thrilled to refer Discovery Robotics 50 years from now. We are seeking a long-term teammate who values curiosity, honesty, humility and pure passion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Present, champion, and sell products using DR core values: honesty, humility, and enthusiasm. Create compelling stories to prospective and existing customers.
- Fully understand and effectively communicate the company’s value proposition, technical specs, advantages, and process. When unsure, ask!
- Focus on executing the strategic sales strategies determined by C-level strategists
- Establish, develop and maintain vibrant, long-term relationships with teammates and customers
- In tandem with the Director of Finance and Commercial Ops, build yearly sales plan and budget; review and report on a monthly basis.
- Burning desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to create solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, tech-drive culture
- Develop data analytics capabilities that provide marketplace insights that help drive the business
- Negotiate customer contracts alongside Director of Finance and Commercial Ops
- Ensure cost estimates fully reflect the entire scope of work and key assumptions within each bid
- Anticipate customer problems as well as potential solutions to ensure customers remain thrilled
- Continually analyze the given territory/market’s potential and make recommendations to management
- Present management with customer-based information: needs, problems, interests, competitive activities,
- Keep up to date on DR product suite, updates and features as well as future products and timelines
- Create strategies to drive sales effectiveness throughout the regions in which DR is conducting business
- Develop and drive the company’s long- and short-term revenue growth strategies
- Provide direction on market needs and collaborate across company functions to manage and drive product launch timelines
- Develop and forecast future product, competitive product and potential partner sales and profit scenarios
- Experience required: 5+ years
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales and/or BD: 5 years (Required)
- Janitorial Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Ops Manager
Discovery Robotics, an innovator in commercial robotic systems, seeks a full-time testing engineer to assist in validating design concepts, implementation effectiveness, and system operations of autonomous robotic floor care products.
Plan testing profiles to meet test objectives, operate the robotic unit or sub-assemblies, observe system operation, record test observations and document results.
Will conduct limited faulted diagnosis and troubleshooting. Testing may occur during the day or evening, and depending on the test location, require transportation.
Will have practical experience in the fields of electrical, electronic, computer, and mechanical systems and prototype manufacturing methods.
Demonstrated experience as a self-starter, attention to detail, written and verbal communication capabilities, and effective interpersonal skills.
Associate degree in a relevant technical field and valid driver’s license are required.
Experience with robotic systems, computer programming, project/product development and a bachelor’s degree in a related technical field considered a plus.
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.